



In February I went to Utah to visit Chelsy. It was fun because her roommates mom and I were best friends in high school (Houston) and college. In fact we were "Maid of Honor's" at each other weddings! She went also and we hooked up and spent a few days with the "girls". First things first of course we ate at Cafe Rio and shopped. But we had a fun day up in Salt Lake City doing all the church sights and seeing the movie at the Legacy Theater in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Then we decided to go hunt for President Hinckley's grave and found it. That was really cool. The thing that we noticed was how quiet it was. No fan fare, no big signs pointing the way, no huge mosolium built up around it, no entrance fee being charged. It is so interesting how different we are than all the other churches of the world. There would have been guards etc., around it anywhere else. But in our church, it's quiet, simple, respectful, and most of all peaceful.
Here are a couple pics from the trip. Yes, I am way shorter than my daugter! But I am sure I have no more wrinkles than her-ha!
We loved our time together and I loved seeing my friend. She has such a great family and awesome kids.
17 years ago

2 comments:
i love the last picture of us. its going to be my facebook picture :)
Alyson, your comment about the wrinkles has made me laugh every time I've thought about it for the last week! You are so beautiful and always will be, I'm sure! Wrinkles or no wrinkles!
Keep up the blogging. You're doing great!
Post a Comment