Monday, January 19, 2009

A Long Road Home





Well about every 18 months or so we somehow forget how horrendous the drive is from Dallas to Utah and decide once again to drive instead of fly. A good road trip never hurt anyone. Family togetherness, love, sharing, singing, fond memories. Why is it that that trip does not exist for us? It really is just a long twenty hours in the csr. It consists of me thinking about what junk food item I can eat next and how much diet coke I can get into my body in a 24 hour period. I have seen every disgusting bathroom in New Mexico and have honestly come to the conclusion that gas station bathrooms in New Mexico just don't get cleaned more than once a year or so. Anyway, here are some of the great pictures of the trip along the way. I am sure we will make the trip again....all too soon. We have the college daughter now with a car that has to be transported back and forth...gotta love a good road trip.

1 comment:

Cindy Thomas said...

...what junk food item can I eat next... I'm all with you on that one... if I could just chew gum and be happy! Augh!