Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thanksgiving in Mexico

So we went to Nuevo Vallarta for Thanksgiving with two of our best family friends. They are great friends that we have had since we first moved to Utah in 1990. We put yards in together, had children together and somehow they have managed to stay our friends even though they get to see Jeff and I kill each other when we play cards. We love them and their children dearly and hope that we can continue our yearly trips with and without kids for years to come. We had perfect weather, the kids had a blast, we ate too much, we got massages, ziplined, ate Italian food on Thanksgiving day and had no dishes to do. And of course the men still had their Turkey Bowl...it was just in a pool after the hot sand beat them on the beach.

We love them so much and feel so blessed that we have such great friends to share our lives with.

Click on the smilebox below and it will open a bigger screen and show you some highlights...which the children all concured was the surfing lessons! They all had success!

2 comments:

pagefamily said...

Hi Alyson! I can't believe it when your I saw your blog! How are you all doing? You all look great and happy. It was good to see the Bruners blog too. Take care and keep in touch!
Anne Page

Anonymous said...

Hey Alyson,
How fun to go to Mexico for Thanksgiving! Things are going well here, December has been so crazy with the thyroid cancer. Last week I did the radiation and had to stay away from my family all week so it is good to be home now. I feel embarrassed to admit this but the worst part is that now that I don't have a thyroid, I have put on 10 pounds in one month without even getting to eat the bad food!!! What a nightmare! They keep telling me it will come right back off when I start the medicine but...I am feeling good and the cancer is GONE!
Dan put in for Chili. We will find out if he gets it sometime in February. That will determine our summer plans, so I will let you know what comes of that then we can make some plans to see each other! I miss you soooo much! Love you! Make a facebook account...it is a better and easier way to stay in touch!