Sunday, June 15, 2008

Truly Hillbillies



Well it's official! We truly are converted to the southern way of life. We have decided to purchase a vacation lake home in Oklahoma. If you would have asked us twenty two years ago if there was ever even a remote possibility of buying even a soda in Oklahoma I am sure my husband would have laughed hysterically. We bought a little cabin that is still being built near a lake called Broken Bow Lake. The area is called Beavers Bend and it actually feels like a forest, very different from where we live now. It a nice three hour drive so it's not too far from home, but far enough that it feels like your getting out of dodge! We will rent it out for a vaction rental when we are not using it...so reserve your spot now!-:)

Here is a picture of the current status. The green metal roof should go on this week!

Before you know it we'll be true hillbillies. I may NEVER shower when we are up there who knows!

3 comments:

Chelsy Rae said...

hahaha mom you... never shower?!?! I DO NOT THINK SO. That will NEVER happen... me on the other hand...

Anonymous said...

WOW what a beautiful lake home!!!! Post more pictures of the inside and the lake when it gets done, I can't wait to see!

Marci McLain said...

Your cabin looks beautiful! We will start saving so we can come visit!