Well I have now successfully changed my blog twice, this time it only took an hour as opposed to like the three it took me last time, so I guess I am making progress. To all those people out there who know how and what they are doing and make it easier on those of us who just want templates we can upload, THANK YOU! I am not a computer programmer and never will be, but I want the cute stuff!
My youngest child, Ty, just turned twelve. It is kind of a weird sort of feeling knowing that your youngest child is entering their teen years. Some of my closest friends oldest children are younger than my youngest. It kind of makes you wonder just where the years have gone. Jeff got called into the High Council at church and so now I will be one of those ladies who sits alone during the sacrament...at least until the boys are done serving the sacrament. What a weird thing. I need to find a family to adopt me-ha!
To my cutes neices and friends who have such small children....enjoy these times they fly by so fast and you just can't recapture a moment. I spent much to much time cleaning and obsessing over small things (and still do I must admit) and sometimes seem to have a hard time remembering some of the funny, silly things my cute kids did. When they get big they spend most of their time trying to figure out how to not hang with mom and dad, so enjoy them now while you have them and can influence them!
I am thankful for my kids and how great they are turning out and the choices that they seem to be making. Thankful they have good friends to keep them grounded. Thankful for their healthy, beautiful beings that they are. Thankful that dispite all my short comings as a parent they seem to forgive and move on. Especially thankful that I got them at all, it was a struggle and one I do not take lightly!
Maybe parenting is like blogging. You serve for all these "templates" or examples to help you out and make parenting easier. Sometimes you search and search and don't find anything, or you look and find something that seems easy and right and then you screw it up. But then, sometimes you find just the right thing and you try it and it works and your amazed! Sometimes that is how I feel when my kids do something right that I wasn't sure I had taught them in the first placed--truly amazed. I love my kids, my life, I am truly blessed.
17 years ago

2 comments:
mom i love you. I want to be just like you when I grow up. I look up to you more than you will ever know. Thank you for everything!
I think you kids are great, every one of them. I know what you mean though, how we sometimes feel that we are just groping in the dark, hoping that something good sticks!
Post a Comment