Monday, November 3, 2008

Appreciating Halloween Past




Well let me just say, that in the past I may have complained a bit about the work it takes to get the kids ready for halloween and maybe stressed about it too much. But this year was my first to experience my "future" of Halloweening and it is a tough pill to swallow. Here are some reasons why it just wasn't right this year.

1. It was 85 degrees...that is just plain right WRONG!
2. Chelsy wasn't here so right there it was quieter...she always makes the house a bit crazier
3. No one to take Trick-or-Treating..weird feeling.
4. Costume hunting begane at 4:30...the day of Halloween. Chase's girl Madison decided that he needed to be "Prince Charming" to her Cinderella so off we went to the Party American store to find the only remaining king robe left in Frisco.
5. Telling my son that this was the first of many years that he would choose to be something for Halloween to make a "girl" happy. Luckily he is secure enough in his manhood to take on the Prince Charming costume without much thought.
6. One son leaving to go to a party with "girl", the other to a birthday party...Jeff and I left home alone to navigate the empty house...even weirder!
7. Hardly any trick-or-treaters so I am now left with bags full to make my behind even larger than it already is.
8. House not decorated at all this year because of all the construction we were doing I could not get to any of the decorations this year.
9. Realizing that I am getting older and will never again have darling cute children to dress up and make costumes for. I didn't enjoy it when they were young, I stressed too much about it, and now it's over!
10. Realizing that going out alone to dinner with my husband on Halloween and being the house with no candy is NOT an option! I don't ever want to be that house!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the whole kids growing up thing... what a bad idea!!! I miss their cute little faces!
It is hard to think of Chase dating! He looks so handsom in his Prince Charming costume, and in his Homecoming pics!

Chelsy Rae said...

hahahaha i just was laughing my head off as I read this blog. Love you mom, I am sorry that your halloween sucked. But soon you will have cute GRANDCHILDREN (when i say soon i mean like years and years away of course) to dress up on halloween!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that I found your blog while looking at one of my daughters friends blog. My name is Keri Stewart. I knew Jeff in Hacienda Heights. He knew me as Keri Whiffen. This is so fun. We were friends and I haven't seen or talk to Jeff since I got married 25yrs ago.If you want email me frednkeri@yahoo.com.
You can check out our family blog as well. I am just learning how to blog and so it isn't that exciting yet.http://frednkeristewart.blogspot.com/