Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chelsy is home for summer

Chelsy finished her first year at BYU and has come home to work for the summer. She is working as a nanny (which she loves for some CRAZY reason) and also as a waitress at Chili's. She is pretty busy with work and earning money so we don't see her much. But our house immediately just gets so much busier when she is home. There is definitely an energy that is missing when she is not here. She had a great year and is already chomping at the bit to get back. I knew she would be a bit bored moving back home, and she truly is. Once they move out it's just not the same moving home. I'm sure this is probably the last summer we'll have her here. I think she's going to be a big adult now and probably live on her own. She is looking forward to getting an apartment next Fall with a few girls that she met while living in the dorms and we are thrilled that she actually made it through the first year "boy" free!

2 comments:

LoriT said...

Normally your blog entries make me smile, but this one just makes me sad . . . because I just want to freeze time and not have kids grow up and move away (and stop my aging process as well).

But you seem to be handling it well, enjoying this new stage of Chelsy's life. I don't think that I'll be as successful at it as you are.

Welcome home, Chelsy!

Christy/Mom said...

Wow, your blog looks great! It would have taken me 3 days to figure out all the movies, slide shows, and tidbits. I love all the Hawaii and Chelsy photos! And yes, you're right-blogging is turning into one more thing "to improve on", but I do love reading them all. I Love you cute perfect sister!